PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JetStar NZ
Thread: JetStar NZ
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2011, 23:12
PhoenixNZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PhoenixNZ, I've asked this question before but you have chosen not to answer it. Why do you think Jetstar have started this cadet scheme when there is a already a supply of suitable pilots to sit in the right hand seat?
Because its a way for them to get qualified pilots to fly their planes for a cheaper cost. I'm not denying that at all.

In return: Why is getting a type rating on a popular aircraft along with significant hours on type a negative for the cadet concerned?

Why is a starting rate of $64k a year (thats the amount your getting paid, yes you have to pay back your loan but salary is salary) a negative thing.

Why should a new CPL go into instructing for 30k a year or even GA for 40k a year (if your lucky) when they can go into Jetstar for 64k a year and come out with far more relevant airline experience than instructing or GA?

It seems 27/09 that you are focussed on comparing old JQ F/O to new JQ F/O pay rates.

I'm instead comparing new JQ F/O pay rates to instructor or GA pay rates. Also factoring in the the experience and hours and type ratings you end up with at the end of it. In this regard JQ beats GA hands down in all areas concerned.