PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MDA
Thread: MDA
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2011, 21:27
FlightPathOBN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The "4 year old document" is where your quote
Para (b)(2). The use of the MDH as a DH is introduced as a consequence of the prohibition of level flight at MDH (or multiple step-downs during non-precision approaches) when using the CDFA technique.
came from.

I agree that it has been incorporated, in ways that you may not understand. I also understand that the calculations associated with determination of MDH have been revised to account for momentary descent given the propensity for "Quite a few operators use MDA/H as the DA/H with no height add-on; in fact this is the case with a majority of the largest European operators."

"The DA(H) figure is derived from the OCA(H) for the associated procedure plus any buffer decided by the operator or the authority. MDA(H) is the lowest altitude (height) for the level portion of an approach flown using the traditional dive-and-drive technique, not the CDFA technique. Use of MDA(H) would undermine the philosophy of the CDFA"

Just how do you think we calculate Obstacle Clearance?

And I will let you guess...."plus any buffer decided by the operator or the authority." what that buffer is.

dont worry, we have you covered...

check out this thread...http://www.pprune.org/tech-log/45774...ml#post6597656