PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 wreckage found
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2011, 13:09
BOAC
Per Ardua ad Astraeus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I suspect that like me, none of the contributors here of late actually know what Air France taught for recovery from the approach to a stall in the A330 in those days, nor how much 'reliance' was instilled in crews in the infallibility of the AB in not 'letting you stall'. It is worth noting that unlike the impeccable Iceman, some trainers were NOT teaching things correctly - in the UK at least.. This is the first para from post#14 in my link (with my emphasis) from April 2010

A very good document from British CAA that has a lot in common with the new procedure:

Applicability: RETRE, TRIE, TRE, SFE, TRI, SFI
Effective: Immediate
STALL RECOVERY TECHNIQUE
1 Recent observations by CAA Training Inspectors have raised concerns that some instructors (both SFIs and TRIs) have been teaching inappropriate stall recovery techniques. It would appear that these instructors have been encouraging their trainees to maintain altitude during recovery from an approach to a stall. The technique that has been advised is to apply maximum power and allow the aircraft to accelerate out of this high alpha stall-warning regime. There is no mention of any requirement to reduce the angle of attack – indeed one trainee was briefed that “he may need to increase back pressure in order to maintain altitude”.

Wait until 29 July?