PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Some advice and recommendations for a new member?
Old 26th Jul 2011, 11:57
Amblikai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi FleetFlyer, having a license has always been a dream of mine since i was very little. I was unfortunately rejected by the RAF for fast jet on medical grounds and i've never had such a kick in the teeth since! I was absolutely devastated. I swore then that i'd one day fly regardless. Even if i had to do it myself! (I've yet to grow wings though.)

Anyway, i'd love to use my license for trips abroad (mainland Europe) and for the pleasure of flying on it's own. It's something i'd like to share too, being able (and competent) to take friends and loved ones with me. I will certainly at some point go as far as IR, partly from a competent pilot point of view but also from practicality. There's a reason we talk about weather so much in this country!

I also have a small obsession with one particular aircraft that is probably more of a fantasy, but i'd love one day to build an RV-4. I'm an engineer and i love the thought of flying a machine which you've built and the RV-4 in particular in my eyes embodies a lot of what there is to love about flying.

As for regular flying, as i say owning a share and building hours in my eyes is a necessity, i would not make the decision to go for my license if i couldn't then 'back it up' with regular flying. Thanks very much for your comments and reply, i hope i answered your question!