PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JetStar NZ
Thread: JetStar NZ
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2011, 11:25
27/09

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PhoenixNZ
dont think anyone should fear that being a F/O or Capt is ever going to become just a mediocre and low/mid pay job. If it ever did then airlines would find they have very very very few recruits owing to the fact that the cost of becoming a pilot far outweighs the rewards. Even the most hardcore of aviation enthusiasts will have a hard time justifying 100k of training for a 40k a year job.
Just stop your argument right there.

What you are saying we shouldn't fear happening has happened. Isn't the Jetstar cadetship costing well over $100k including type rating and the pay only about $40k per year. It gets worse than that, in the home of cadetships, Europe, not only are cadets paying for their type ratings they are now paying for 500 hours line training. How long before this S**t comes to this part of the world. Where will it end?

PhoenixNZ, you're obviously new to aviation to be making some of the statements you've made.

I am not affected either way cadets or no cadets, BUT I do get annoyed when a scheme like this is being used to drive down terms and conditions in the aviation industry. People like you are being used as pawns to lower the standard of living of pilots while at the same time making some people in the training industry and some airline executives rich. Is it any surprise there is some vitriol towards this scheme?

I invite you to find out why this scheme was started? It certainly wasn't because there was a lack of pilots.

If your neither of the above I'd love to hear how your qualified to state how a Jetstar cadetship would negatively impact anyones future career opportunities.
Well that's a no brainer. It's going to affect your opportunities for a better lifestyle for a start.

Good luck to you for whatever you do or where ever you go. I would be very interested to see honest review of your thoughts on your aviation career progression and lifestyle in 5 or so years time.