PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 wreckage found
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2011, 10:33
RWA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quoting iceman50:-

that is !

Give it a break your theory and misinterpretations are wrong, you are like a broken record and never reply to the posts that contradict you.
On the contrary, I answered your last (also somewhat abusive) post, with a source, in my Post 2086 above.

"Investigators have been left attempting to explain why the crew of Air France flight AF447 failed to recover the Airbus A330 from a high-altitude stall, a predicament which has been the subject of a recent revision of safety procedures.

"The revision concentrates on placing greater emphasis on reducing excessive angle of attack - the critical characteristic of a stall - rather than the classical approach of training pilots to power their way out of a near-stall with minimum loss of altitude.

A formal document detailing the rationale for the revision points out:
"There have been numerous situations where flight crews did not prioritise [nose-down pitch control] and instead prioritised power and maintaining altitude."

Operational experience has shown that fixating on altitude, rather than the crucial angle of attack, can result in an aircraft stalling.
Revised stall procedures centre on angle-of-attack not power

If Flightglobal (and I) are wrong, please inform us what the recommended procedure actually was back in 2009, and what changes were made recently?

Last edited by RWA; 26th Jul 2011 at 10:57.