PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft ownership - how can we dispel the rich toy myth?
Old 26th Jul 2011, 09:21
Unusual Attitude

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Carry a picture of an Evans VP1 in your pocket at all times, that way if you slip up and mention that you own a plane just show them that, they will no longer be jealous, instead they will take pity on you.....

So far having outright owned my own aircraft (onto my second now) for 3 years after many years of shared ownership its not been a glamorous experience at all, I spend more time in a boiler suit, laying on a cold hangar floor working on the thing than I do flying it !

I've worked hard all my days to be able to afford some nice things but it seems your almost made to hide having these sort of toys. The same goes with exotic cars to the point that I used to positively avoid any conversations that involved cars as I felt I had to explain myself every time for owning one.

Basically just fly it, enjoy it and don’t give a hoot what anyone else thinks....its their ignorance / lack of ambition that’s the issue here not yours...