PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Indigo Call letters for Freshers
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2011, 08:42
vivekh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

@flyhigh27

1) To accelerate in a climb, without increasing the power setting, the only way will be to lower the nose. This will lead to a decrease in ROC and also angle of climb. Hence answer A.

2) A/c is HDG 325. NDB is on relative bearing 330. Hence the QDM to NDB is 295 i.e. radial 115 from NDB. To track inbound on 280 means intercept radial 100 inbound to NDB. For this we have to turn right. To intercept at angle 50 would mean heading 280+50 = 330.

3) This is a sum of 'doubling the angle at the bow'. Basically the angle to the NDB is increased fromo 45 to 90 degrees. This forms a 45-45-90 isoceles triangle, so the distance travelled to double the angle (150 x (10/60) = 25 Nm) is the same as the distance from beacon when it is abeam. So the answer is 25Nm. Difficult to explain here without a diagram, but I hope you get the idea.

4) I find the easiest way to do this is with algebraic equation because it is fool proof and I am comfortable with them, but there are simpler ways. In this case you would assume x to the distance you would reduce speed and form algebraic equations to solve for x. Is the answer 75nm/25 mins from start?

Hope this has helped. If I am wrong, someone please correct me, for my own benefit atleast.