PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2011, 21:16
pipersam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In Southampton you will spend about 5 months of Mon-Fri 9am to 5 pm classroom (including CBT) training. There will also be a significant level of self study, some of which will be on premises and some of which will be home study.
Just to clarify, my current groundschool schedule follows a Mon - Thursday timetable with Friday's set aside for self study at the either at the provided accomodation or at the Nursling traning facility. The average day is 9am-3pm (occassionally 4pm) with plenty of breaks throughout the day for a breather .

My property is within 10 minutes drive of the training centre - smack bang in the middle of the New Forest which is beautiful and a great escape after a heavy day studying General Navigation. I believe that you are required to stay in the provided accomodation during the week, but at the weekends you are free to do your own thing, travel home etc. This is due to CAA policies of an "integrated" course.

Beazlebub is spot on regarding having a job during the integrated training, and in fact it's in our contract that we are not to have any form of "employment" whilst undergoing our training. (There would be absolutely no point anyway as you will not have any time during groundschool.)

Regards