PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VISION THREAD (other than colour vision)
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2011, 19:32
chris2309

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I too obtained a Class 1 last year and it was issued with a deviation due to my eyesight prescription, however the deviation won't be removed until I obtain my CPL.

I was told when I had my initial exam done that EASA might not accept deviated medicals but it would be a few years before their new rules came into force. I was therefore worried when I received the standard letter a few weeks back stating that EASA guidelines were coming into force next April!!

I contacted the CAA straight away about it as I may be hard pressed to get the remainder of my exams passed and CPL completed before this time. I was told by the CAA that they are still none the wiser what the new guidelines will be or when EASA's new medical standards will come into force. It didn't fill me with too much confidence to be honest as the last thing I want after having spent so much time and money training for my CPL for them to turn around and say my medical is no longer valid.

I also asked the CAA how much notice they anticipate they could give to people like myself of when the impending changes will come into force and again they couldn’t answer that either