PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Martin Baker Rides at Farnborough
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2011, 18:21
SLLC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HJ 260 - that sounds painful! For fear of this thread morphing into an injuries competition... I got 3 thoracic vertebrae changing shape - wedge fracture around T6 and micro-fractures throughout. Also something called Schmorls nodes which I had never heard of before! Only 'interesting' thing to look at really was as my calves and feet turned blue then black over the following days - I believe the leg restraint D-rings went into the bone causing the bruising. I did go back to it after about 6 months, but after another 3 months decided in conjunction with the medics to call it a day, lost my med cat and that is another whole story.

And back to the thread - it appears that since the practice rig was withdrawn, no-one appears to have missed it. Or put another way, were really glad they had done it when it came to the real thing. On the other hand, it clearly was another one of those 'experiences' one has in the military that you could not have anywhere else and that people remember with 'fondness' - bit like the dunker.