PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tech log misunderstandings
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2011, 18:04
Beeline

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think there is some issue with communication and how this is conveyed in written and verbal form..

Pilots have CRM to communicate and fly alongside with each other.

When studying for my Licences there was nothing in any syllabi about interfacing between that of the Flight Deck and Ground Crew. I think that reflects within the 'whose aeroplane' 'us and them' syndrome you commonly see; Especially within Customer airlines.

Unfortunately If they keep downgrading the professional status as LAME; the gap will only widen and all respect and the professional bridge will be lost in hand with continuity of the handover.

On the subject of tech log handovers; how technical do you want a Pilot to be? If he knew the systems as well as I do he will be a liability in the sky, troubleshooting stuff so on, i know i would be

Concluding; the uniformity can only really be corrected within our professional attitude towards each other rather than our technical ability of recording defects, the ambiguous entries will always continue due to the divide of ability and technical know-how. Pilots are great at what they do, we are great at what we do!