PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CARDIFF - 2
Thread: CARDIFF - 2
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2011, 11:50
caaardiff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I didnt get the yield information, but I can tell you that my friend was aboard a TCX flight coming back from AYT a week or two ago, and he said that the plane was half empty. With such a low load factor I think it would be impossible to get a tidy yield from that !
Also, it is all over news articles that Thomas Cook Airlines are restructuring and re-organizing their Uk operations.

TCX at different times during the year use the aircraft in Glasgow during the Scottish Peak holidays.
The past few weeks the aircraft positioned to GLA, operated the outbound flight then came direct back to CWL with pax on board, and vice versa later on - operated out of with CWL pax then back to GLA with pax and pos back to CWL. This may have something to do with the low load factor on your flight, as it may be only bringing a weeks worth of pax back once it started back up again.
Discussed on this forum, post 156
And here..
http://www.pprune.org/airlines-airpo...t-flights.html

Just because it was half full, doesn't automatically mean the aircraft is not making money. Sending the aircraft to GLA must make TCX a packet during the school holidays, and its not just CWL's aircraft that is used and flying back to the UK "half empty" at some point.
I once started off on here as fairly new to the industry and eager to learn. I sat back, watched the educated replies of some posters and took note. I'm hardly an aviation expert, but some people may need to do the same, as its constantly the same over ambitious and potentially damaging rumours and "assumptions" that keep cropping up.