PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Job Ads discouraging applications
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2011, 07:38
notaplanegeek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Probably because the HR manager is sick of getting hundreds of C.V's from people who do not meet the minimum requirements. As a deterrent they have probably put that in, as for lying yes I agree with you. I doubt they would have the time to single people out for next time round. Why would you take anything less when you have plenty of applicants who meet the minimum requirements?

As for your Jonny on the spot type recruitment... man I totally disagree with you on this. How can you take the best person for the job if you don't do a full scale ad and interview process? Anyone can show up on your door step and yes it is way easier just to just send a C.V in, but how valuable are they to you if they have got nothing to show on paper or a significantly less experience than everyone else applying? Do you employ people on the criteria they are simply a 'good guy' and 'easy to get along with'?

Sorry but that type of recruitment reminds me of when the bench mark was 1000hrs but guy X had 250hrs however his daddy was a 747 captain and knew someone there so he got the job. Or girl B had 300hrs but happened to have a gorgeous body and blond hair, both got the job... fair, of course not!