PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Deafness in one ear.
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2011, 06:48
afhelipilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe your hearing problem is just a temporary one? I had a problem with a hearing on one ear when I was young, but I overcomed it, I just started to put on the walkman all the time long for about 2 hours a day. And at 2 pm we usually finished our outdoors activities back in Africa, and while walking back to a hotel, again I had a walkman on turned on loudly. And I went to a doctor and I was ok with the results. I heard that the loud music helps the death cells in an ear to revi, themselves.Then I had joined the aero club and had made my helicopter license . So maybe its a temporary problem? But, while being at a cockpit many pilots like my capt cousin are losing the hearing at some point and are flying. You might feel a little bit oversensitive about the people don't you? I was s with all the airlines, but I got scared about a fact that I can lose my hearing forever while flying so still , not sure. So please check if your hearing deficit is a temporary or not and then take a test again. Or stay with the helicopters if you can. Oxford is my u. Just try your best . Or make a license after consulting with a doctor anyhow. .