PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Job Ads discouraging applications
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2011, 04:36
Lapunkapten

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Job Ads discouraging applications

I need to get this off my chest.

"Pilots who do not meet the above criteria should not apply, as to do so will preclude future consideration"

Recently I've read this sentence on 2 advertisements by the same company for flight crew. Give me a fecking break!

Any company that would spend resources recording names of applicants not meeting the exact criteria just to preclude them in the future is not the kind of company you want to work for.

Any company that writes that but has NO intention of following through is scaremongering and already lying. Again not the kind of company you want to work for.

Lastly, this company (and many others) have hired many pilots with well under the stated minimums and they have performed admirably.

In previous positions of power I always made time for pilots who bought a ticket and flew up to deliver a resume in person and have a chat. Made it a lot easier than hiring off a piece of paper and the resumes from visitors always went to the top of the pile, regardless of 'minimums'. I'd hire you for your attitude and train you for skill. Much easier than the other way around!

I had to do the same door knock myself and have never forgotten the encouragement I received those years ago.

Rant over. For now.