PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - American Airlines CEO: Qantas not a "premium" airline
Old 24th Jul 2011, 21:50
The Professor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Holic,

“Where do you think Qantas would be now if the Adam Air strategy had gone ahead? What do you think that says about the competency of QF management?”

Please re read my posts on this thread. At NO POINT have I ever judged the competency of the people managing the Qantas brand or business. Not once. I have never offered an opinion as to how successful a Qantas business venture in Asia will be. Pointing out what probable and logical direction the company will take should not mean to imply my support for such a move.

Your stated objective is to ensure “Qantas pilots .. stay in the cockpit of Qantas flights” and yet each debate here devolves into a critique of the “direction” the company is headed and the “mis representing” that occurs and that “Qantasia will be a disaster”. They may be valid observations but they do nothing to add weight to the legitimacy or not of your industrial action.

“You said, "The employees of QF do not own the brand". Are you saying management does?”

“Who has ownership over the QANTAS brand?”

According to the law, the brand is the intellectual property of the corporation and in practice its value lies in the hands of the customer. Try painting a Qantas roo on the side of your Cessna and see how long it takes until there is a lawyer knocking on your door.