PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Some Doubts in Nav. and Reg.
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2011, 20:47
Digo Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some Doubts in Nav. and Reg.

Hi everyone,

I don't know if is the correct forum to ask this kind of question, but I'll ask anyway

I'm studying to get my pilot license and also using Flight Simulator to help me get familiar with the aircraft, terms, instruments etc.

Today I planned a Flight in a single prop airplane and I got some doubts during the flight. If someone could help I'll appreciate so much.

1) I made a direct flight of 300nm long between two airports only using mag. hdg calculated before the flight. A flight made using only compass and ETA can be considered an IFR flight? Is it common flights like that or is adviced create instead a VFR plan flight using visual points to guide me throughout the flight?

2) Is there a way to compensate the wind during the flight? I didn't find any insturment that could give the force / direction wind information in the fs9 cessna 182. So I assumed that the wind compensation should be calculated before the flight at the planning flight phase based on informations provided by some meteorological issue like the wind forecast map.

Thanks in advance,
Rodrigo

PS.: Sorry about my english, I'm not a native english speaker.