PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Koreanair A380 tail strike NRT
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2011, 20:40
haejangkuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2) there was an airbus instructor onboard
The fact that someone stated an Airbus instructor pilot was onboard HAS COOLED DOWN ALL THE INSINUATIONS AND INNUENDOES
I landed in NRT on the 21. The conditions were very chalenging. I have 18000+hrs and have flown Boeing, Douglas, Lockheed, and now Airbus. It was possibly the most difficult landing I have ever done. I am not supprised that someone touched a pod.

The met report does not do justice to the gusting cross wind conditions
Ace hit it right on, the fact that they had an Airbus Instructor onboard certainly curtailed a lot of racially charged innuendoes to be lobbed over in this thread.
Thank you to the very level headed, fair minded and brave individuals who dare to go against bigotry with their sensible and rational posts. We Koreans/Asians did not make any derogatory remarks or cast aspersions on the unfortunate Fed-Ex MD11 crew despite their level of experience vis-a-vis our newbies on the A380 who had the misfortune of encountering the nasty conditions on July 21. Neither did we celebrate the misfortunes of all the first world pilots who had come to grief in other unfortunate accidents or incidents. We have the human respect and professional courtesy of not wishing others ill in times of misfortune.