PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Airbus' and Boeings.....
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2011, 18:37
falconeasydriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Would you be talking about that 300ER that drops payload just to be able to do the flight from SFO? At least that's what I hear from my Boeing chums
WK, remind me how much the 380 lifts out of SFO again.......

Of course - one engine over the middle of the Indian Ocean in the monsoon or over the Pole compared to three.... I'd rather have double the engines if something stops turning (and they do still) thankyou very much
Yep, you've got that right, certainly a more regular occurrence on the 380, maybe they should have put 5 engines on it?

In terms of build quality, durability, and reliability Airbooos are running a distant second to Boeing (just ask anyone who has worked on them!) moreover they have been shown to be far more susceptible in recent years to catastrophic events on the basis that the "3 generations more advanced than a crappy old Boeing" can enact that Murphy's law concept of unintended consequences..(just ask a 330 driver about his QRH and ECAM interface).
The 380 is also a looong way away from where the marketing said it would be, hmmm how about the 777?

And just to comment on A380's comments, ahh yes lots of that is nice and fluffy, but why the need for auto TCAS? I bet we will soon be seeing an Airbus flying TCAS RA's from a ships transponder..or a false signal, and 700 tonne Mtow? I'll believe that when I see that.....nothing like airbus to make claims they can back up on a regular basis.