PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PVRs started.....
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2011, 14:34
Diablo Rouge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seldom:

You are most fortunate to have a pleasant view from the morale highground on which you persistantly advise is your standpoint. But one mans "tosh" is another mans "blinkers" and it is you that needs to open your eyes and see what debris resides on the squadrons from which you came. It is not a pretty sight, and whilst you hold no kudos with "experience", the fact is that a lack of it contributed significantly to the problems the Puma fleet had/maybe even have.

There is a Manning crisis unfolding from under your eyes. It is true that there are many simply happy to a job of any description, but it is equally true that the people we need most are choosing to exit stage right. I am sure the 'damage limitation' by Manning will be managed to make the reduction in overall numbers within target, and those that believe nobody cares are spot on.... to a point: The Command-chain and Manning may not care; but those left behind care, those who operate under rescourced and without the benefit of war-story knowledge handed down that will at some stage be reflected in Flight Safety stats.

As I said; the lofty perch on which you sit may be a good job, with good Execs/OC and admin support. I dont begrudge it, but you should value it, for it is becoming a rare comodity. ....and think before assuming that everybody else is also working for the few good eggs still around.

Try living in a 12`x 8` box room, 300 miles from home for a tour with sh**e food and too many knobbers in your decision making process and see how quickly you join the PVR club.