PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IGRUA... yep or nope ??? :O
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2011, 12:32
smurf84

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I understand the overseas CPL holders will show their animosity towards IGRUA due to Air India's biased recruitment - but terming IGRUA as 'one of the best flight training schools in the world' is more than an overstatement. There has been no scale so far from 1-10 when it comes to rating the best flight training schools. There are heaps in UK, USA, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa that could be rated one of the best! I'm pretty sure IGRUA can never stand up to them. I agree the pilots from IGRUA have been recruited in good numbers lately, but that doesn't mean they are the best. IGRUA is an initiative of the Govt. of India and Air India is the lone airline owned by the Govt. of India. Of course, they need to do a favour of some sort and recruit pilots from their academy, or it would be closed doors for IGRUA. Moreover, there aren't any other fully operational flying schools for the academy to compete with at the moment. Please don't conclude by stating - We have campus placement and we're among the best in the world.