PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PVRs started.....
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2011, 09:07
Lima Juliet

Received 82 Likes on 34 Posts
Yup, Project SIRIUS has done it for me. I am 3 years substantive in Rank but according to SIRIUS I will become "Main Stream" on 1 Sep 11 - effectively, that means I am now "done" and have no chance of advancement in Rank or a Command Tour. Even with a B+ "Yes" on my last OJAR after 3 years in Rank.

So this was the straw that broke the Camels back - it added to the lack of SFA, potential pension changes, changes in Flying Pay rules in ground tours (which would be a disaster under a 4 year SIRIUS posting), resetting of leave at each tour change, 2 year pay freeze and allowance cuts (which probably amounts to a 15% cut), CEA changes (including non-INVOLSEP in London posts) and the ever shifting sands that are DRU/Defence Transformation and the Command Structure Review (that HQ Air have so far taken 2 years to implement and all we have seen is an extra 2-star post!!!).

I can honestly say, I have never seen morale so bad, and I have seen some VERY good people PVR recently who would not fit redundancy (I also do not fit the redundancy trawl, hence my decision to resign my regular comission).

So I have squared myself a new job, one that I enjoy doing, and I will be leaving Autumn/Winter 2011.

LJ