PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2011, 08:43
swh

Eidolon

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts
Forward CofG

There is a subtle difference. That document is for the conversion of a rating to the equivalent Australian endorsement.

from CAO 40.1.0 para 7.2.3

"(c) the person seeking the endorsement must hold an overseas aeroplane endorsement that CASA is satisfied is at least equivalent to the class endorsement sought;"

The process I outlined is for the issue of an Australian endorsement on the basis of training conducted overseas. This would be like going to Alteon overseas to do the training and have the endorsement issued in Australia, except in this case, CX is the TRTO.

"(ca) the person seeking the endorsement must give to CASA the following:
(i) documents from the training provider that show that he or she has completed all the training and testing required for the issue of an overseas aeroplane endorsement that CASA is satisfied is at least equivalent to the class endorsement sought;
(ii) documents from the relevant authority that show that the organisation or individual who conducted the training was approved by the authority at the time of the training and assessment for the issue of the overseas endorsement;
(iii) information that will enable CASA to verify the documents provided;"

That is how I had two of my overseas endorsements put onto my Australian licence. CASA has different requirements for the issue of an endorsement than some other overseas contracting states, as long as you have completed the recognised training that CASA requires in CAO 40.1, and have it documented, and that can be verified, no reason why CASA will not issue the rating.

You just need to know what you are asking for, and what information to provide. If you go in with you overseas licence only, the process of para (c) needs to be followed.

I did not give them my licence, just the training records. I was able to demonstrate that the training met the requirements of CAO 40.1. FYI a number of the sim instructors have also been able to do the same for rating they do have on a HKG licence, some do not even have a HKG licence.