PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 5
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2011, 06:03
PJ2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Poit;
You were very diplomatic in not offering answers to those questions, and I don't think any of us can do until the final report is released.
Thank you - I often wonder how such work is taken because there is so little response. I would not only never draw the conclusions regarding the crew, I can't because we don't have all the information.

Initially, I did posit the notion that the pitch up was a result of a response to the UAS memorized drill and checklist. Perhaps so, perhaps not, but that certainly wouldn't be "crew error" and could never be left to stand as such as a "single cause".

gums is right in stating "And the "cause" will not be a simple pilot error or airplane problem." There is no such thing as "pinpointing THE cause", and then being satisfied that one has "found out what happened". Such an outcome would be wholly incomplete and not true to the investigative process.

As I posted to Turbine D a few pages ago, there are indeed alternate plausible explanations to the pitch up, indeed I am aware of such explanations and cannot refute them. My post was more of an approach to the argument that a loss of attitude information "caused" the pitch-up which I doubt that very much for the reasons given. Each theory has to be explored, and whatever one can infer, logically, can be brought into the discussion with the understanding that it is merely a theory. Perhaps the data and cvr will resolve the matter, perhaps it won't. I think it will.

In any case, with comments done until then, I'm awaiting the next interim report.

Last edited by PJ2; 24th Jul 2011 at 06:44.