PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - American Airlines CEO: Qantas not a "premium" airline
Old 24th Jul 2011, 02:58
speeeedy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not a professor of comprehension either.

On one hand you say:

... these crews must be Australian’s holding Australian licenses flying VH registered aircraft.
and

... what makes you think standards will be lower in these bases? All Australian licensed pilot’s work to a standard defined by the Australian regulator. If this does not apply to “offshored” crew then you have a regulation issue. I suggest you lobby your local member to correct this.
Inferring that Aussies have nothing to fear from the offshoring of Qantas. Which is obviously a pretty pathetic understanding of the whole concept of offshoring particularly as demonstrated by the QF groups form with Jetconnect and Jetstar Asia.

In your next post you agree that the airline would NOT be Australian totally contradicting your previous post:

Correct. It may even carry the Qantas brand but it will not be Qantas. It will be a locally based business.
After previously displaying an alarming inability to use a calculator, you have now demonstrated a contradictory position and a lack of even a basic understanding on Qantas offshoring. But now it is time for you to fain offence.

What an offensive and ignorant statement. Are all airlines based in Asia “dodgy”? Can you list them all?
No, they are not, and I did not say that. But there ARE dodgy airlines in Asia and my simple point (simple for some) is that Qantasia will be no more attractive to potential pilot employees then any of these airlines.

But you have no comment on the basic premise and most important point of my post, this is what the board must start thinking seriously about:

But the most important thing here is that Qantasia will be a disaster because it will be seen for what it is, a cynical offshoring of Qantas. It will have no brand credibility in Asia and, worse, it will destroy the brand in Australia which means that the cash cow domestic business is stuffed.