PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2011, 02:32
Forward CofG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stillalbatross,

It seems the utter BS is coming from you after your last post.

1) the P2X is all of a P1 command type rating except for the circuits at the end, and you can have that accepted as a P1 rating on your licence in some countries, Australia for instance.
A P2X rating is not accepted as a P1 endorsement in Australia and never has been.
Previously (up until approx. 18 months ago) a P2X rating could be transferred to an Australian license as a P2 rating (ie. co-pilot). I have been told that CASA will no longer accept a P2X to transfer to Australian licenses. I am unsure of the rest of the world but I would guess as it is a simulator only rating, no licensing authority would accept it.

2) Agreed you never get a sector but you are in the sim at least every second month and would therefore get more sectors/landings than the majority of Relief Commanders on the 744 or 777 fleets.
Many of the releif commanders on the 777 and 747 stay quite current. I rarely ever see any that are uncurrent due to the large amount of regional sectors available on the 777, and many shorter freighter sectors available to 747 guys.
If you think it is better to be in the simulator conducting circuits, against doing an actual sector in the real aircraft, then maybe it would be better for you to stay home full time playing MS Flight sim.

3) It's not cool to accept this icadet job on it's reduced COS but it's OK to work on G days for 2.5% or take a Freighter Command that gets you left seat on a 744 for 60% what the company would be paying a pax skipper to do the job.
The package for iCadet is not very good at all, so you are correct in the first part of your statement.

It is not OK to work on G days ( I never have and never will ).

Freighter commands are no longer available and all commands are now in seniority. The pay rate was approx. 80% of what a pax captain would earn.

If you wish to pontificate about CX pilots or others on a forum, make sure you know the facts and not just spew drivel and lies.