PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 5
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2011, 23:20
ncleflights

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As I have said before the only thing keeping the builders off the airport site is the fact were are in recession. Once land prices pick up then I am afraid it may be easier for the land to be sold off for housing, retail park etc. I fear that given the opportunity the airport owners may think it makes better business to sell off the land than keep the airport on the life support machine

DTVAIRPORT - every day I pass a site on the way to NCL airport that used to have a command and control building for the RAF that was built in the thirties to keep a check on the Luftwaffe, unfortunately at the height of the housing boom that did not stop a house builder buying the site for housbuilding they simply were not allowed to pull the bunker down so built round it. Although a derelict building from the 1930s looks strange in a middle of a new housing estate it did not stop the builders or in deed put the folks off buying the houses. - dont think two hangers will stop the land around them been developed as it wont