PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 5
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2011, 21:53
JD-EE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Complete, 100%, disclosure is neither needed nor proper. Some things the public does not need to know and in the interest if the families involved should not be disclosed publicly. (Much of that data should be disclosed to the individual family if they wish.) This data is not needed to further the investigation to assign a cause not a blame.

It is neither BEA's job nor intent to assign blame. Therefore assigning blame with an incomplete data set and no serious knowledge of what caused the accident is certainly counter-productive and highly improper.

We have enough data to conjecture about cause. It's pretty obvious that the crash happened because (cause) the plane reached a full stall condition all the way to FL0. Then we ask, "what caused it to enter that stall condition?" We walk up the branching chain of possible events pruning out any potentially possible events that don't match the data on hand. This is what BEA is doing with a fuller deck of cards to play with. (I get giggles imagining one of the investigators reading this thread knowing things we don't and admiring the flights of fancy on all our parts.)

I see no legal definition conspiracy taking place. So far I see a remarkably open BEA providing enough data to the public for two serious purposes, to put down speculation and let the public know the level of data BEA is working with as reassurance they're on the job. We're taking this a whole lot further than BEA. And out of our discussions may come some valid criticisms of cockpit culture, training, system design, and hardware. (That's more or less my current sense of probability of serious criticisms. I'm biased, of course.)

Your postings seem to indicate you do see a conspiracy in the legal sense of the term. And you seem to presume things can fall off the plane in flight with no indications to the crew that get recorded in flight recorders or the ACARS message stream. This was amusing at first. It's gotten tedious.

I also see you being all over the map with an intent, conscious or subconscious, of someday being able to say, "See, I predicted the answer." I'm sorry I do not see the level of serious regard you may be giving the problem, if I am inaccurate here.

You asked. I answered as honestly as I can.