PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MFTS - 'Getting Sticky'
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2011, 10:42
minigundiplomat

Received 187 Likes on 71 Posts
Xenolith,

Too be fair, RA is just fishing for a bite. It's easier than getting involved in a debate that he doesn't really understand - but that's what bangs his drum.

You are right though, and getting back to the subject of MFTS, his use of the word 'nearly' is creative, and he is so far wide of the mark he could have added 100k after it and been 'nearly' as accurate. That's why when I stopped laughing, I 'nearly' applied.

They are relying heavily on people supplementing poor pay with their pensions, and so will attract either those with little motivation to knock out a good product, or those whom are a very long way from the front-line. I am therefore not completely overwhelmed with surprise that the whole MFTS, and rotary in particular is in danger of ending up a cake and @rse party.

I'm sure there will be a few good blokes, but the chances of them overcoming the inertia of a 'cheapest bid' project, where most of the funding ends up on the balance sheets of the larger corporate stakeholders, is fairly remote.

Last edited by minigundiplomat; 23rd Jul 2011 at 10:53.