PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Some advice and recommendations for a new member?
Old 23rd Jul 2011, 10:07
Airlinepilot1687

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PPL training

Hi Amblikai, congratulations on embarking on one of the most amazing experiences you will ever persue. I have recently passed my PPL and I took around two and a half to three years to gain my licence. I completed my training in around roughly 50 hours. I have to admit doing it in a block does make more sence if you have the money but if you are like me then all you want to do is get started. More often than not I was averging one a month sometimes a couple depending on the finances that month but I was still keeping up with my training and progressing well. It is possible you just havge to be keen and keep your goal in sight. Im sure you will get around the weather its actually going to benafit you having some more challenging weather because lets face it the UK weather system does tend to be up and down. There seems to be some great advice on this thread. Soak it all up and make the best decision for you. Im sure which ever route you decide to take it will be perfect because you are flying. Get stuck in. Hope this helps