PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Active Indian Pilots: What was your flight plan?
Old 23rd Jul 2011, 09:50
Mike_Kilo_Sierra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After more than a year...here's what's happened.

Earlier in 2011, finally got my computer number after a full year of sending out multiple applications. Started appearing for exams. Have appeared in 3 sessions attempting Regulations & Meteorology (2 times), Technical General (1 time), Technical Specific C172R (1 time).

Unfortunately, haven't cleared any. Stuck at 66, 68 marks. Very very frustrating. Will be giving the July session attempting Reg, Met and Specific. There's only so much studying you can do while you're working.

Other things that happened, I've changed my flight school. But haven't done any flying. Still at 20hrs. I think its better to clear papers before pumping in the hard earned money. Applied for SIA cadet, got called for the first interview. It went well, messed up a very simple math question. Got rejected. So back with the DGCA.

Nothing else to report as such. A sidenote, this field needs money and a lot of it. It isn't worth spending your parent's money especially with no guarantee of a job. My parents can't afford it anyway. My current job funds the flying ambitions. Still don't have nearly enough money, but then till the papers are cleared, I don't need to spend. It'll be another year till I have enough to fund all the flying hours required. With age (27) not being on my side, I am in a bit of a soup. But there's nothing else I ever wanted to do.

Till next time.

MKS