PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dear Richard ....
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2011, 09:33
Landflap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cripes, this is all very depressing reading. What has happened to the once mighty CX? Just had a beer with a retired mate who has a fabbo CX tale to tell. But, in line with the thread, after years of failing to get into CX, he was eventually called to HK for the second stage. His wife was encouraged to visit too. They were transported from LGW on economy tickets but upgraded to Business. Arriving in HK, met by a Rep and first taken to a Bank where the candidate was PAID Candidate allowance ( basic FO rate) for the entire projected stay in HK. Two day stay in HK with Hotac bed & Breakfast PAID for ! Cocktail party rounded it all off (we know that was the wive's selection test) & the pair were again upgraded to Business for the return. Ok, it was 1987. Ok, quarter of a century later & everything has changed. It remains sad reading though that a once mighty carrier which was the aiming point for many pilots had degenerated to this. My mate, who failed the racial test sits back with his Pinacolada & feels that he was saved. I too , failed part one, but that is another story. Looks like me & my buddy might just have been saved from a dreadful 25 years of thorough disintegration. What a shame.