PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mr Diamond in Virgin Flight Deck LOS-LHR?
Old 23rd Jul 2011, 07:05
cyflyer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
it wouldn't even occur to me to say yes, if the PM had asked for the j/s the answer would still have been no.
That is the most ridiculous and stupidly absurd thing I have ever heard ! He is the PRIME MINISTER, and it would be an honour for any airline to have him take the time to visit the guys up front. I don't think the rules are so dumbfoundedly rigid that they take into account people of that stature. Captains have been graced with an above average quota of inteligence I'd like to believe, and as such, it should be up to their descretion to allow a family member or famous personality that is well above suspicion in the cockpit. The Pablo Mason thing, which I only just found out from here, was a discrace. I hope he wins his case. At the very worst, if his company were so strict on the regulations, a quiet word with him later saying, "we prefer if you didn't next time please...." , and leave it at that. But, to sack someone like that for something so trivial, shows, in my opinion, what some companies can be. Anyone know whats happened with his case ?
Maybe the only thing the Virgin captain did wrong, was the silly announcement. It should be kept low profile. And no, he should not be sacked.
I have been on the f/d many times over recent years, only because the captain or FO has been a personel friend, and even then I had to abide with regulations about not being there in UK airspace.
So, the president of the USA should not be allowed to visit the cockpit on Airforce 1..?