PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Survey: Are you accepting their offer?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2011, 06:27
ChinaBeached

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Kept out"??? No. Your airline called me not once, but twice. I turned the "offer" (if that is what you call it) down.

I read all your AOA updates, I read all the DFO and GMO updates... So tell us WHAT has been done about the absolute and undeniable raping of the CX terms and conditions?

I asked you as simple question, to seek your perspective and it looks like I got it. You're holding meetings and coming in on your days off to achieve...what? CoS 08? SLS? AHK Freighter jobs? C-Scale packages? Rostering Practices? FDTL changes? CoS 08 25 year housing allowance guarantees? The AOA has been seen to do NOTHING about the C Scale and iCadet package. That is what is called offensive and ignorant. And why should they?

After all, you're alright aren't you so why bother to protect the future terms and conditions of the pilots, of the pilots' future as a whole? You enjoy your job, your salary package, your 84 hrs a month so screw what the others are getting and have to do. And if you think I'm alone in this belief then go down to any number of bars in Central or SoHo, etc and mention or discuss what the pilots really believe about the AOA's strength and usefulness. What next? Threaten M'ment CC in another 12 or 13 years?

The last AOA update received 21st July..... More talk about C-Scale and the implications. Actions? Proposed actions? Ideas? Clues? Hints? "We at the AOA believe that....and intend to counter this degradation of terms and conditions by....." Nothing....Dribble and banter stating the bleeding obvious. By doing NOTHING then the AOA is seen to be idle. It took the AOA how many years to finally threaten CC for pay rises that were long, long, long overdue. And then.... AHK! You showed them!

A pain the arse? Probably. Because I don't settle for second best and speak up against all this BS. I voted with my feet and refused to be treated like that. A liability? In your eyes, your opinion. CX Recruitment didn't seem to think so. Neither did the ME carriers, or the contracts in Europe.

So, what is the AOA doing about the C Scale package? I'll start a new thread so as to avoid a greater divergence here.