PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CARDIFF - 2
Thread: CARDIFF - 2
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2011, 23:00
TwinAisle
Scourge of Bad Airline Management!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
£10m, JSCL? Having done rather a lot of airline business planning, for start ups and existing carriers, I would suggest a figure four times larger than that.

Benjiman, let me give you a little free advice - and since I make a living giving advice, you are getting a good deal out of me.

No-one but no-one is going to talk to you about starting an airline. I have in the past worked with some remarkably strong management teams, with centuries of airline management experience between them, and even they find it hard to raise capital. Right now, virtually no-one is investing in start ups. No-one will be investing in a Cardiff start up. You are going to be asking someone to trust you with some £40-50m of their money, you have no experience, and on the website you put together you admitted that you couldnt do market research, write a business plan or analyse aircraft choice. Would YOU lend you that sort of money? Do you think the CAA will look at you twice as regards a post holder position?

Go and get a job in the industry, get some experience and track record, then come back to this. Right now, you're making yourself look foolish, I am sorry to say.

One last thought - be very careful when you choose a brand name. I would imagine that the good folks at Skyblue Aviation may have thoughts on your current one.... Home...

Btw, the speculation on the viability of routes based on load factor is meaningless unless you have a good idea of yields. That's airline financial management 101. I would also bet that WAG is not 'secretly subsidising' Helvetic, or anyone else. Do a google search on Ryanair, Sabena and Charleroi for a hint why I am so confident on this one...

TA