PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - American Airlines CEO: Qantas not a "premium" airline
Old 22nd Jul 2011, 21:59
Shed Dog Tosser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oicur,

If you truely believe Jetstar is an operation that is not operating within the Q group, standing on their own two legs, turning a profit on its own, I would be of the opinion that, on this matter, you do not know one brown matter from the other.

Labour costs, with respect to pilots wages are a very very small part of the big picture.

The reduced labour costs present in Jetstar are due, in my opinion, to immature, short sighted and selfish individuals thinking short term and only of themselves, taking a ****ty package, because they've always wanted to fly a big shiney jet, damn everyone else, including the industry awards so hardly earned.

Whilst I can understand what AIPA is trying to do with the "Qantas pilots flying Qantas flights, or equal pay", "these" other pilots might find themselves on the same level of pay as the rest of us, without ever having to grow stones and stand up for themselves, makes me feel ill just thinking about the benefits these people could have from our hard work.