PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are students aware of the danger they are in!?
Old 22nd Jul 2011, 20:18
topendtorque

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I always like to see blogs check his keys t's and P's prior to every lift off.

why's that? comes the innocent q.

well ol' mate tha's cos when you walk in the hangar carrying the tail boom over your shoulder, with the explanation that the magnetos failed on take off. I will say wrong - dolt - they failed cos you failed to check em - eh!

oh yes, they can see the logic of that and nod wisely, oh so wisely.

but you see they weren't taught to do that as a young dog, so they don't do they, even on the next take off, often they won't.

so well, we're doing vertical take off's from confined areas, set the power slowly, if it climbs, if it don't chuck of some weight and how much weight equates to how much power an' how much power more than hoge is reqd to climb vertically, all that sort of thing and then.

we might even practice a benign abort procedure or two from about ten feet or so and sure enough they ain't checkin' them damm thaings afors take off.

then i just suddenly switch one magneto off, but as Shawn Coyle says I never ever in the R22 do that above 10 ft skid height. just in case the other one also fails.

From then on as you can imagine, blogs usually thinks about the checks, because at that point in time I always ask did he also do a fuel drain check before each and every start.

the motor will keep running won't it blogs? well has it got clean fuel or hasn't it?

well why don't we go ahead land, get out and check cos I watched when you started up an' you did not check it. Oh disturbed the routine again i have.!