PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Survey: Are you accepting their offer?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2011, 18:32
ChinaBeached

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flapsupdown: As an experienced CX pilot please answer me these 2 things:

1) what do you or the industry (any industry) call one who feeds off of their colleagues' efforts to increase terms & conditions, all the while standing by & do nothing whilst others fight for them? (I believe the word begins with s & ends with b); and
2) what is the AOA doing about this? (From the sidelines - NOTHING!)

Well may the CX pilots see the bleeding obvious but it's another to actually do something about it.

Not less then 10 days after Contract Complience was avoided did CX announce the freighter deal with AHK... all at the expense of CX seniority & jobs. AOA & CX pilot body response? Pitiful & lame at best. Sorry, not true. This is becasuse NOTHING was done. To show pity or to be lame takes a miniscule of effort, or even perhaps action. Yeah, I read the AOA updates. Disgraceful in their ready-made response & "buggered if I know or care" mentality. Why fight against anything that may pressure "my" conds of service!!??!!

Yell & scream bloody murder in private conversation but we're yet to see a stand about this crap. Yet again CX / Swire management have made suckers out of the pilot group.

Once upon a time CX was the pinnacle of aspiration. Now it's fast becoming (has become) a laughing stock of mediocrity racing to beat the other LCC using "safety " & "standards" as nothing more than a sales pitch.

Nowadays we see a CX crew at the various international airports & comment at their pitiful weakness & self preservation mentality.

Bitter? You damn bet! All I hear from CX pilots is their disgust at the iCadet scheme yet the overwhelming response is ignorant despair because it doesn't affect their own CoS. Welcome to the future that each & every pacifist CX pilot has endorsed.

Last edited by ChinaBeached; 22nd Jul 2011 at 18:47.