PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 wreckage found
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2011, 16:38
bearfoil

I submit that such misbehaviour did reach the DFDR, and we are seeing it, per BEA.

Do not be too quick to dismiss the THS/Elevator system as wild, with great Pitch excursions. On the contrary, many aircraft are controlled w/o jacks on the HS. With articulating elevators and a freely pivoting HS, Pitch is quite manageable, and all that is necessary is a program that can retain precise Trim for the AoA of the assembly as a whole.

The problem would be in the Flight management from the cockpit. Immediately, Pitch would reverse, but control could be maintained, even good control, and Trim. It would take a brilliant pilot, similar to the rare excursions experienced by a PF taking off with elevators reversed. Ab Initio, ad lib, as it were.

Here, I am looking for a possibility that would explain not only unusual behaviour on the part of PF, but also the aircraft.

ACARS was a LEAK. BEA affirmed what was made public. They even explained it. There was that GAP, however. And no further comment from the authority.

I have been doubtful and suspicious of ACARS as leaked from the git. No way of knowing if all of ACARS exists, is known by BEA, or some other.

for now, I am looking for reasons to support any theory that embraces such aberrant behaviour, as reported.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Now, some HF. One or the other or both of the cockpit crew wanted the Captain's presence, NOW. It could not have been UAS, Weather, or any of the normal suspects, imho.

Some one removed his bars (figuratively), placed them on the deck, and called for help from Captain. It is not in the nature of Pilots to do that, unless the situation is irrecoverable. Such as, an aircraft that is behaving wildly, unpredictably, and deadly.