PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 5
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2011, 14:07
highwideandugly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A good barnie!!

Excellent thoughts and ideas from all here!! Maybe we should all get together(small amount of capital) and dictate the running of the airport?

Onion..I love your posts and I dont want to argue as I know like others you care.However you must take off the blinkers... I am aware of revenue streams(I should be in my position!) and my point is...MME doesnt have any!! The TNT operation has been going for years..where is it in the airport accounts? I will tell you way,way down.As others have said..that operation could be run from any site.What recognition does it give the airport? non.. as processed items (and I know) do not mention DTV on dispatch.
The MOD you mention is a trickle although more flights are due shortly! Front line/training sq> unfortunately do not exist any more..revenue? = nil plus its a small fee charged for these aircraft.
Commercial terminal feed is nil (ex.tax)

The infrastucture which takes years to build has gone I'm afraid.

Skyman hits the nail on the head..listen to him!

B737 aircraft were the right option..they had to be as no one operated anything else!

Weary but interesting...if all the threads could be joined together and some form of super energy produced MME would be number 1 in the NE !!

off to the pub again..care to join me anyone??