PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CFMU E-Helpdesk
Thread: CFMU E-Helpdesk
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2011, 11:01
fractional

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pilot dude asks
why doesnt Eurocontrol have a route planning tool where we can enter a time, departure and destiantion incl FL, and it will give a recomended route
and I agree.
I asked this question twice before and got a politically correct answer: "data quality control", in other words jobs!
I understand everything needs time despite you (flowman) saying the staff numbers are being reduced. Another big cost is individual salaries, but I should not address it because of obvious reasons. There is a certain CFMU appeal, well, at least there was if it isn't the case nowadays.
Eurocontrol has improved (loads), but the tool I am referring to, flight planning, would be something that would definitely reduce dramatically solicitations to the Brussels or Paris guys.
The Central Flow Control Unit voice should always remain there and available because many times all I hear from the office guys is that "there is no REA in the system" despite my asking locally. The local ATC did not promptly make the request through to the Central Flow or then let's blame the system" as usual.
This is a constant evolving process. Thank you Flowman for coming forward and answering everything you possibly can.