PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OFFICER and AIRCREW 'CANDIDATES' PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 22nd Jul 2011, 09:10
Chrisdaman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thank you

i think the raw emotion was a build up of things:

my application in total had taken 15 months to get to OASC, with various things happening on the way ie appendix removal, and after all of the fitness and interview preparation, it was an enormous dissapointment, because i didnt even get an oppurtunity to show the real person that i am.

also it wasnt helped by being 1 of 3 dropped, (the other 2 were uni bursary applicants), so to be the only 1 applying for a job made it alot worse. All of the officers were really friendly at cranwell, especially the duty officer (cant remember his name), but his job cant be easy and i dont envy him having to make the cut. I'd also been fasting from the night before for fasting glucose tests (had i got through), so i was exhausted, hungry and more emotional. Managed to hold it together through the feedback interview with the selection board president, and then got back to my room and let rip. The frustrating this is that a couple of years ago i would probably have been successful, but becuase the bar is SO high right now, i wasnt suitable.

Much to be learnt from the experience, and I await the feedback that will be sent to my AFCO, to learn from, possibly revisit OASC.

There is more than one way to skin a cat.....