PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RIAT 2011 Participation List
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2011, 06:54
SRENNAPS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi, anyone know what happened to curtail the A-10 display on the Saturday?
Hi Tom,
I don’t know the exact reason, however, I was listening to the conversation between the Pilot and the tower and the pilot said that he had a fault that would prevent him performing the rest of the display. However, he was not declaring an emergency. A similar incident seemed to have occurred before the start of the practice display on Friday afternoon. After getting airborne the A10 was loitering at altitude when he informed the tower that he had a fault and would not be doing his display. After several minutes the A10 pilot then informed the tower that he had sorted the problem and would commence the display. I don’t think the tower heard him properly and requested confirmation of this statement. It was then quite amusing to watch the A10 going into a steep dive to commence his first attack run with the tower asking him if he was landing or performing??

I do believe that a different aircraft was used for the display on Sunday as this was what my wife heard on the RIAT radio. Whatever aircraft though, it was an excellent display on each occasion I watched it.