PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OzRunways 2.whoa!
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2011, 02:28
nitpicker330

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
With that kind of map ( IFR TAC chart ) you generally hold it North up so you can read all the data off the page ( LSALT, TRK, DIST, FREQ, CTA STEPS etc etc ) You are not relating it map to ground to visually navigate ( as with a WAC chart ) so it helps if the page is straight!!

I Haven't looked at this real paper map to know what it looks like for quite a while ( I use Jepp En Rte charts for Hi Alt mostly ) but I don't remember the page and all the writing being twisted off by 20 deg?

Yes I worked out that it was North up, but surely they could fix it so the names and all the writing were straight? The whole thing is cocked off about 20 deg and I'm sure it needn't be. Zoom out to look at the whole map, it's not straight on the page. Surely an easy fix?

If you compare it to the ERC Low for Vic, I realise the scale is different but aren't they both Lambert Conformal Conic Projections? The ERC Low Vic chart is straight on the screen so I don't see why Ozrunways can't straighten out the TAC 3 as well.

Oh well, it would be nice if they at the very least responded to my question and put to bed a reason why they cannot straighten it.

Last edited by nitpicker330; 22nd Jul 2011 at 02:45.