PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - For Police Helicopter Pilots with BALPA membership
Old 21st Jul 2011, 16:01
malreeves

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Letter to NPAS

All,

I think that looking at NPAS proposals will make you realise that the whole lot has been dreamed-up by persons without any aviation knowledge. However, bigger brains than mine are trying to point out the pitfalls and eronious statements that have either been ignored or whitewashed by NPAS.

At present my biggest concern is to protect the employment of my Pilots, this issue has nothing to do with the NPAS operational proposals but plenty to do with HR departments, TUPE etc. The new National employer (NPAS) have legal obligations as they take over our and your jobs, in this case I feel a direct approach to the person who is meant to be figure-heading the organisation might actually get someone, somewhere in the NPIA/NPAS to realise that these issues have to be addressed sooner than later.

Work-groups and work-streams can proceed with as many ideas as they like but NPAS must address the HR situation before anything can move. I think this is in all our interests?

Mal