PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 5
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2011, 15:36
Facelookbovvered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
N707ZS

The hangar might be full, but you can do that in any industrial estate without the hassle of an airport.

DTV is a sad ghost town of its former self and i don't think there is much that the management could have done about it.

With Leeds down the road and NCL up the road both served by good road link from the DTV catchment area, plus the rail links South it never had a chance, the best it could hope for is to persuade the Government that development area status should exempt it from APD from November if the planned increases go ahead it will cost £24 to fly anywhere return in the UK and that's before airport & security charges of probably another £12-15 plus your own shoot me in the foot £6.00 levy

I see only a long slow death for DTV all the Loco's did (baby/FR/Globespan) did was to delay it a few years more. Bagby has more movements that DTV........says it all.

I would lobby for it to be joint military that way at least fire cover and ATC could be preserved for the future, its lasted longer than i ever thought it would, but it can't go on, nice big car park for a B&Q or Tesco