PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Some advice and recommendations for a new member?
Old 21st Jul 2011, 14:53
Amblikai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow! Thanks you both for such excellent replies! I should have been clearer in my original post about 1 lesson per month though. That would be until early 2012 when i would have the money to do much more than one lesson per month. In other words, in anticipation of receiving a large lump sum, should i start now with around 1 lesson per month (for about 7 months) and then complete it in early 2012? Or should i hold off until then when i can do the whole thing much quicker?

From your replies i can see the major disadvantage being that although i might get a small head start with some extra lessons beforehand, i will probably just end having to refresh a lot due to the low frequency of training, which isn't very efficient in the long term.

With regards to trying to get a handle on what VFR conditions "look like", could i still fly on the average Scottish overcast day? No blue sky, just cloud. Does rain always mean no flying? As i say, there is loads of information on what VFR is/are, but it's difficult without some experience to know what that means in real terms.

Again, i really appreciate your replies and even this first step of posting on this forum feels like i have got the ball rolling, which is quite exciting!