PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Type rating at AAT and NOC letter from dgca
Old 21st Jul 2011, 13:31
cyrilroy21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@ronak

While I am a strong advocate of not paying for type rating without a job I cant dispute the fact those who did type ratings by themselves have found jobs ( right place right time comes to mind )

However this does not gauruntee a job just because you hold a type rating.
You will still have to pass the written exams , interview and sim checks before they give you a job. Not to forget there are hundreds of type rated folk also sitting at home without a job

I am not sure where your friends have been but I have friends who were selected by Jet , Spice and Indigo within the past one year and none of them were type rated
IndiGo is still conducting Interviews every month and will continue to do so for the forseeable future

Give it a shot and if you cant get through then go for the type

There is a reason why Jet Airways still recruits non TR candidates even though they can get plenty of typed candidates from the market

Please go to reputed schools for type rating and not the one where you get it done as cheaply as possible

I would still suggest you get the Indian DGCA CPL first as you never know what kind of trouble these troublemakers create with respect to issuing licenses .
They might create even more issues when a foreign type rating that they didnt approve

However all this what I said is mere advice and recommendations from what I have observed .
I could be wrong and the day you get your India DGCA CPL with type rating there will be a vacancy waiting for you .

Whatever route you choose.... Good Luck

Last edited by cyrilroy21; 21st Jul 2011 at 13:41.