PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lossie saved, Leuchars to the Army
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2011, 12:22
Clever Techy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmmmm

Rector16

I was of course part of the decision-making process that decided on Lossie for JCA a few years ago
Aha...so a middle to senior ranking professional then....?

Desperate Scots (ggod spot on the spooling mitsake - must beat the typing pool harder!) seems to be pretty well backed up by their moaning over the past months about 56%, 72%, 2 out of 3 bases closing, it's not fair, wah wah wah, independence, Scottish AF, boo hoo, etc etc.
Or perhaps not....???

Been to Elgin lately? I think you'll find that the driving force behind the 'Save Lossie'
campaign was the local business community...not unnaturally. As with all campaigns like this they gain followers as momentum builds.

Have a listen to the accents of the staff and proprietors in the vast majority of small and medium local businesses. Not many Scots accents there. Many of the local businesses are ex service folks over the past 35 years, many from south of the tartan tammy line who liked the local area and decided to settle there.

If you were to conduct a straw poll of the indigenous population you may find that the Scots to which you refer are not as desperate as you seem to think.

So in conclusion..... racist? No I don't think so....bigoted ? Just a tad methinks.

CT